From start to finish, the Professional Protector Plan® for Dentists helps protect your growing career with an innovative dental malpractice program. Let the PPP take care of the nitty gritty while you’re in dental school.
- $25 annual premium to purchase coverage for dental training and externships
- $1,000,000 per claim/$3,000,000 limit for all claims incurred during each policy period
- To be eligible for the student liability policy, individuals must be attending a dental school and may not currently hold a dental license in the United States
Student Equipment Policy
- $100 annual premium to purchase coverage for lost or stolen professional instruments, equipment, dental textbooks, laptops, DVDs
- $4,000 limit, subject to a $250 deductible
- Higher limits available upon request
Regional Board Exam Insurance Coverage
The Professional Protector Plan AUTOMATICALLY provides professional liability insurance at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE to the candidates taking any of the following Regional Board Exams:
- Western Regional Testing Board (WREB)
- The Commission on Dental Competency Assessments (CDCA)
- Southern Regional Testing Agency (SRTA)
- Council of Interstate Testing Agencies (CITA)
To take advantage of this offer, candidates must complete the dental candidate application that is included in the regional examining board’s registration packet. The application must be returned to the regional testing service along with the registration form.
Student Liability and Equipment Application Process
- You must have a U.S. mailing address to apply for coverage
- Applications may be submitted online if you have a U.S. credit card
- If you do not have a U.S. credit card, please contact [email protected] - we will provide you with an application that can be mailed in with a check or money order in U.S. dollars
- Please mail your application and payment to the mailing address indicated on the application. Your application will be processed, and a copy of your policy will be emailed to you when payment is received
- Policies expire one year from the effective date selected. Dental students must reapply each year to maintain coverage
Got your DDS or DMD? Time to get your PPP!
Newly graduated dentists can purchase their first year malpractice policy starting at $50 for claims-made or $100 for occurrence coverage
PURCHASING IS PAINLESS – You can Click, Pay, and be On Your Way in less than 1 minute with the PPP’s new grad online application
In addition, we place you in good hands with a PPP agent who we’ve hand picked for their insurance knowledge and daily experience working with dentists. You’ll have peace of mind as you navigate business and insurance decisions throughout your career with a PPP agent serving as your trusted insurance advisor
You can buy online now or find your PPP agent to assist you and answer any questions
For the dentist who enjoys the freedom to focus on taking care of patients without the stress of owning a business, this policy is a great fit for you. Have peace of mind knowing that your standalone malpractice policy is in the hands of a reputable and dependable program.
Independent Contractor Dentists
Independent contractor dentists are small business owners in many ways; you have coverage needs that overlap with practice owners. You may have general liability exposures and may also own equipment that you take with you to various practice environments. Our policy is uniquely equipped to address these coverage needs by combining professional liability with employee practices liability indemnity (if desired), general liability and property coverage.
It takes a team to make a dental practice run. As a practice owner, you wear many hats. You are responsible for your team’s well-being and work. You also must make sure the machines are running smoothly and that your team is getting paid timely. The PPP makes it easy and convenient for you to manage the insurance for your dental office with the PPP Package:
Combine the coverages you need on one policy, with one effective date, one premium, and save with the PPP Package Discount!
- Professional Liability
- General Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- And More!
In addition, you don’t have to tackle the insurance and business decisions practice owners face on your own. You are placed in good hands with a PPP agent who was carefully selected by us for their knowledge of dental malpractice and daily experience working with dentists. Let us also be a part of your team so we can help handle your insurance matters while you do what you do best – treat your patients.
DSOs/Large Dental Group Practices
The PPP pledges personal service and prompt attention from a dedicated and experienced team of underwriters, risk managers and claims professionals. We work with an A.M. Best “A” (Excellent) rated carrier that has extensive underwriting management experience to understand the complex needs of DSOs. Our staff has comprehensive knowledge and in-depth experience on the unique operational requirements and challenges that DSOs face.